Setting Fair Standards
Setting Fair Standards
Great Lengths is leading the way toward an upfront and principled hair extension industry by setting the benchmark in fair standards and inviting competitors to work towards a common ethical stance. Prospective customers can now seek the Great Lengths Setting Fair Standards Seal when researching salons for hair extensions.
Why should the hair extensions industry meet fair standards criteria?
Human hair is sourced from many areas of the world. Indian hair is the most sought after and is widely known for its strength and beauty. Indian women rarely color their hair or use heated styling tools. Pure Russian blond hair is also highly regarded. Unfortunately, because the hair extensions industry is not regulated and there is a great deal of money to be made, there have been cases of underprivileged citizens of these countries being exploited for their hair. It has been confirmed by the deputy director of Moscow’s Center for Prison Reform that some Russian prison wardens are supplementing their income by shaving the heads of prisoners and selling the hair. Similar reports have come from asylum’s selling patients’ hair to extension companies.
It has been estimated that of the 1000 tons of human hair shipped into the US every year, only 25% is from know on ethical sources.
With no current regulatory body demanding ethically in the hair extensions industry, until now the salon industry and the consumer has had no guarantee that the hair extensions they chose were traceable, ethical or of good quality.
What sets Great Lengths apart from the rest?
Great Lengths sources the very best human hair from Indian Hindu Temples. The hair has been donated willingly by villagers to the temple as an act of devotion to their faith. The temple then sells the hair to Great Lengths and they use the money to help the community.
The Great Lengths Setting Fair Standards Seal
When customers see the Great Lengths Setting Fair Standards Seal, they can rest assured that the hair used is 100% traceable, ethical and of the highest quality. The Setting Fair Standards Seal guarantees that Great Lengths hair extensions have met the following criteria:
• Every strand has been donated willingly and with the full consent of the donor
• The donor has been treated with respect and care
• A fair and reasonable price is agreed for the hair and the money used to procure the hair is used solely for charitable endeavors, not for personal or individual profit
• A company representative has procured the hair to cut out unreliable middlemen and ensure full and direct knowledge of the origin of the hair
• Exclusive in-house production processes are used from procurement of the hair to wholesale selling to ensure full traceability